List of free libraries

Started by
195 comments, last by dcco 12 years, 10 months ago
Mine mine :)
Golden T Game Engine, a Java 2D Game Engine
The primary goal is to develop a robust game programming library that is truly easy to use and develop with.

http://www.goldenstudios.or.id/products/GTGE/
-------------Golden T Game Engine - Java Game EngineGolden T Website | Golden T Forum
Advertisement
Golden T's been up there for ages. :P
You can also add Alias FBX SDK from here which is great.

=[dEkS]=
This one is quite good:

www.freebasic.net

It's a commandline compiler, but several people are developing IDE's for it. The forums are at

www.freebasic.tk
forum.qbasicnews.com
Does the FBX SDK work with any free software? I didn't recognise any on the products list. And Freebasic looks nice but it's not really the focus of the list.
Quote:Original post by Kylotan
Does the FBX SDK work with any free software? I didn't recognise any on the products list. And Freebasic looks nice but it's not really the focus of the list.

Hmmm, no. It's a free library to read Kaydara (now Alias) own file format, FBX. FBX export is nativly supported from MAX though. Quite useful to import meshes/animations.

=[dEkS]=
This may have already been suggested, but this list would probably be best implemented as a WIKI...
Here is an OpenGL gui I've created: GUIde. It's GPL licenced. Maybe you'll add it into your list.
Ricas
ZipArchive

http://www.artpol-software.com/index_zip.html

GPL

Good for creating and working with standard .zip files
Genjix: I am trying to keep the number of SDL libraries down to the bare minimum since they have their own page for addons. Collision detection isn't very SDL-specific anyway. PS. Your pixel-perfect code won't work unless the surface uses a colour key.

Ricas: I may add GUIde when you have either some screenshots or documentation on the site. I don't want to start adding every library that is under construction. Post again when you do. :)

SnprBoB86: I would rather do this myself than have various people making inconsistent additions and alterations.

In other news, LZMA and ZipArchive got added.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement