Feedback Request for vgdeveloper.com

Started by
1 comment, last by GroZZleR 19 years, 3 months ago
I just launched: www.vgdeveloper.com The site is a collection of links free & open source game development tools and resources. It puts things like SpiderMonkey, AngelScript and Lua in one place so a game developer can see what is available to make development easier. The site isnt 'done', I will be adding more features over the next few weeks: * More content and software (currently there is about 25 or so links). * Links to tutorials right next to application description. * Links to other game development related sites. I would like some feedback on what can be done better and what people think of the site in general. Suggestions on open source software to add. I utilized &#106avascript and css when creating the site, are there any browser problems? Thanks, Dan
Advertisement
I like it, quite a bit in fact. The page loads quick, and correctly (Dialup on FireFox). I wouldn't really change anything but adding more things (but you seem to be doing that already). So nice Job!

P.S

I would like to link your site, here is mine:
http://www.delphisanctuary.com/metacipher/xaero/index.php

(Yes, I know. I am trying to get a shorter URL)
Did you just learn CSS? You're abusing it, I think. Too many boxes and not enough logical seperation. It also doesn't centre in Firefox (as it does in IE), you need margin: XXXX auto; on your parent div.

Blue and orange are complimenting colours, but do you really need to have entire boxes to seperate the headers, footers and pretty much everything else? The way you segment the menu with just a border underneith the title of the section looks great, but a box surrounding everything else just looks terrible. Sorry if my honesty and lack of regard for my rating has angered you, just giving my input.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement