Sign in to follow this  

Simple map problem

This topic is 4733 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

alright im working in MC++ Console App, and im trying to make a small Text RPG, more like a dungeon levels were u kill things and such, i mapped it all out like it should be done. but i am having problems with making my map. i am using the For Loop for(y=0;y<=MapY;y++) for(x=0;x<=MapX;x++) { cout << Wall; } instead of getting my 25 of WWWWW <- What i want outputted, wwwww i get a long strip of wwwwwwwwwww wwwww it's probably something really dumb that i looked over, but help is wwwww always welcome. wwwww

what is the value of 'Wall', what data type is it? If its a character then change it to an uppercase 'W'. I believe there is a flag to do this with iostream (set all output to upper case) but dont recall, sorry.

EDIT: to set all output to uppercase use cout.setf(ios_base::uppercase);

EDIT2: bah yeah add a new line (like the post below :p), its late (2AM) got some coding to do and wasn't thinking ;)

HTH

[Edited by - nts on December 31, 2004 2:24:18 AM]

I think you forgot to insert a newline while doing your loop. Should look like this:

for(y=0;y<=MapY;y++)
{
for(x=0;x<=MapX;x++)
{
cout << Wall;
}
cout << endl; //go "one row deeper"
}

This topic is 4733 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.