Sign in to follow this  

How to make a 3d modeler tutorial

This topic is 4730 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What's wrong with blender, for example? I have fallen prey to the 'no free modeller suits my needs' a few times and given in to try to write my own. It's just not worth it. I have fallen into step with blender, and it's working quite well for me. Tell us what you're having trouble with, maybe we can help.

For blender's gui... it's scary for a few minutes. Get yourself some basic tutorials and all will become clear shortly. Blender tutorials here.

3dsmax tutorials:
http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/tut3ds.asp

Using a bunch of those should get you familiar with the uses of 3dsmax. I really don't think jumping from not being able to get used to a highly popular GUI, to making your own is the best choice. Besides, if you used a tutorial to make something as useful as those (which you won't find, possibly in a book), it would be just like those. They are popular for a reason.

Blender is open-source, so you could edit the GUI system to your needs. It's not a small undertaking, but then again, nor is writing a modeller from scratch...

Regards,
jflanglois

This topic is 4730 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.