• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dgatewood

Coding hardware with AI abilities.

This topic is 5073 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am a pretty accomplished C++ programmer, but it is just a hobby. I want to learn how to build and program machines. I know this requires a lot of mechanical/electrical engineering experience that I do not have, but I am willing and able to learn. Are there any units or packages that allow you to program via C++ that can control mechanical pieces... I know what I am saying may not make a whole lot of sense, since I don't really know what I need to ask and the terminology used. Is anybody familiar with what I am talking about? Can anybody point me in a good direction?

Advertisement
On a really basic level, you may want to check out some of the programmable stuff Lego has. I'm not sure how capable they are, but it may be a good starting point.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!