.txt to .exe problems

Started by
15 comments, last by comservlant 19 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by Yamian
I restarted and I still can't rename or delete.

This has happened to me once or twice as well which is why I recommended that program in my earlier post. Did you try it out? I highly recommend it, and if you're worried about spyware, I'm very certain it doesn't contain any. Also, its very handy if you want to remove spyware as they often won't let you delete their files once Windows has started up. They also sell commercial software on their site, and the only reason this one is free is because its an "Old Version" but it works perfectly fine for me.
Advertisement
I think all you have to do is ctrl-alt-delete and end EXPLORER.EXE. Then go to file -> New Task and click browse. You should be able to get to the file through that and delete it by right clicking and choosing delete. Then just cancel the browse window and type explorer.exe in the box. Then go on your merry way. Works for video files that sometimes get stuck like that. "Cannot delete lustynurses.mpeg. File still in use." Or whatever you might be in such a hurry to delete in the first place.
skulldrudgery--A tricky bit of toil
Quote:Original post by DukeAtreides076
Quote:Original post by Fruny
Quote:Original post by Drakkcon
Oh, and next time you do that make it a .com file and it might actually do something (coms are just exes without all the extra meta data).

Probably just crash, though.

I suppose if you were good enough, you could look up all the instruction encodings and convert them into ASCII and write your program that way.

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H* [grin]

EDIT: *cough*
Ra
Quote:Original post by Ra
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H* [grin]

EDIT: *cough*

Whoa! You're really an elite virus writer, Ra. [smile]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
I was messing with writting commands to .com files and I made my printer spew out 300 pages of nothing. Take heed.
I just opened command prompt and deleetd that way, thx anyway =P the end explorer.exe didn't work.
I run 2000 so it may be a little different but here's what you may want for XP:

XP recovery console

Tony

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement