Sign in to follow this  

Multiple Streams ?

This topic is 4727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! Well, I have been testing using multiple streams with DX9. My question is if the VertexElements need to be created in a certain order? cuz it seems like when I switch the Normal and Color element, the application crashes upon the DrawPrimitive call: elements[0] = new VertexElement(0, 0, D3D.DeclarationType.Float3, D3D.DeclarationMethod.Default, D3D.DeclarationUsage.Position, 0); elements[1] = new VertexElement(0, 12, D3D.DeclarationType.Float3, D3D.DeclarationMethod.Default, D3D.DeclarationUsage.Normal, 0); elements[2] = new VertexElement(1, 0, D3D.DeclarationType.Color, D3D.DeclarationMethod.Default, D3D.DeclarationUsage.Color, 0); elements[3] = D3D.VertexElement.VertexDeclarationEnd; The above is OK! VertexElement[] elements = new VertexElement[4]; elements[0] = new VertexElement(0, 0, D3D.DeclarationType.Float3, D3D.DeclarationMethod.Default, D3D.DeclarationUsage.Position, 0); elements[1] = new VertexElement(1, 0, D3D.DeclarationType.Color, D3D.DeclarationMethod.Default, D3D.DeclarationUsage.Color, 0); elements[2] = new VertexElement(0, 12, D3D.DeclarationType.Float3, D3D.DeclarationMethod.Default, D3D.DeclarationUsage.Normal, 0); elements[3] = D3D.VertexElement.VertexDeclarationEnd; The last one crashes the application :( I still do point out which offset the element is in and in which stream. Is it supposed to crash when the elements aren't in a certain order or is it just my application? Stream 0: CustomVertex.PositionNormal Stream 1: int thx!

Hi,

I suppose the CreateVertexDeclaration() call failed, returning a Null declaration. So then DrawPrimitive() can crash because it is expecting that a valid vertex declaration was set.

I think you must set all the elements from stream 0, then all those from stream 1, and so on. I haven't seen anything about it in the doc, but all samples are doing it like that..

This topic is 4727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.