Sign in to follow this  

has anyone got vtune7.1 working with amd cpu?

This topic is 4734 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using vc++ 2003, and vtune7.1 doesn't work on both my old athlon 1Ghz and new amd64 3000+. when I tried to view profiling result it told me something like "unknown error during drill down..."

VTune will not work with AMD CPU' as vtuen is a Intel Tool designed to work with Inte CPU's. AMD does have their own version of VTune that works with AMDs, and its free check out AMD's site.

http://www.intel.com/software/products/vtune/vpa/sysreq.htm

Shows the system requirments for VTune, I don't see anything about a AMD CPU, like I said AMD makes their own VTune like application, and its free.

VTune 6 used to work in "timer sampling mode," which wasn't as accurate as counter-based sampler mode. However, VTune 7 only supports Intel CPUs.

Luckily, AMD has a similar tool called CodeAnalyst, which is free (and only works on AMD chips last I used it). You can get it from the AMD developer web site.

This topic is 4734 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.