• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

DirectSound Problem

This topic is 4803 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I am Having some problems with Direct Sound, basically I'm trying to create a class that will allow me to create a "Speaker" and play sound through it. The error is in compilation in the Linker and the message is LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification Speaker_Class.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DirectSoundCreate@12 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall Speaker::Init(struct HWND__ *)" (?Init@Speaker@@QAE_NPAUHWND__@@@Z) .\Debug/DDraw.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals If I just compile this file it works fine, it is just when I compile the whole solution do I get this error. This is the method causing the problem. bool Speaker::Init(HWND hwnd){ DWORD result; // Instantiate the Pointer to the Sound Device result = DirectSoundCreate(NULL, &SoundPlayer, NULL); // Error Check if(result != DS_OK) return false; // Take Control of the Sound Device result = SoundPlayer->SetCooperativeLevel(hwnd,DSSCL_PRIORITY); // Error Check if(result != DS_OK) return false; return true; } and if I comment out the DirectSoundCreate line it compiles fine and just so you know SoundPlayer is a LPDIRECTSOUND. Thanks for any help anyone can give. Rob

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement