Sign in to follow this  

Sprite left and right movement problem

This topic is 4730 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi! i am using Dx8 and i am making a 2d game , my 2d character is so much fine working but the only problem i am facing is the right and left view of a charcater... actully my all sprites are right view sprites so to move them to left i simpley gives the minus value inside the scale vector of the sprite..as below . "&D3DXVECTOR2(-0.90,0.90f)" hero = if(FAILED(pSprite->Draw(texture,&SrcRect, &D3DXVECTOR2(-0.90,0.90f) ,NULL,0.0f,&D3DXVECTOR2(Hero_XPos,Hero_YPos),D3DCOLOR_RGBA(255,255,255,255)))) But this techniqe is not a valid technique as when i move the charcater it shows the skipping X axis and doesnt looks real so if any one knows a better way how to solve this problem.... i would be really greatful for him. thanks in advance

Maybe if you send some images showing your problem. I don't quite understand it.

But, computers today have enough memory to handle graphics for characters moving left and right so they look more convincing.

Luck!
Guimo

This topic is 4730 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.