• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Klas-G

OpenGL Mesa,,, Help!!!

This topic is 5036 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can someone help me with the Mesa installation i cant understand it,,, i have extracted it but i dont know how to open Mesa.dsw as they say i should and then make a file???!!! Am i suposed to make my own opengl dlll files???

Advertisement
Quote:
Am i suposed to make my own opengl dlll files???

Yes, that's what Mesa is. A software OpenGL implementation.

Quote:
Original post by Klas-G
Can someone help me with the Mesa installation i cant understand it,,, i have extracted it but i dont know how to open Mesa.dsw as they say i should and then make a file???!!! Am i suposed to make my own opengl dlll files???

First of all, it would help readability if you avoided things like tripple commas and multiple punctuation marks in your posts.

Second, the easiest way to compile mesa, is by using one of the predefined makefiles in src/mesa, importing it into your favourite IDE, or creating your own. Compile, and you'll get an opengl32.dll file you can link your OpenGL apps with. Repeat the process for src/glu, if you want GLU support.

If you don't know how to do that, there are probably precompiled Mesa DLLs available somewhere on the net. Just search around.

Guest Anonymous Poster
[/quote]First of all, it would help readability if you avoided things like tripple commas and multiple punctuation marks in your posts.

Second, the easiest way to compile mesa, is by using one of the predefined makefiles in src/mesa, importing it into your favourite IDE, or creating your own. Compile, and you'll get an opengl32.dll file you can link your OpenGL apps with. Repeat the process for src/glu, if you want GLU support.

If you don't know how to do that, there are probably precompiled Mesa DLLs available somewhere on the net. Just search around.[/quote]

Sorry (who does care about such things), what program do i use to make the compilation?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Or a mesa rpm: rpmfind.net

Mesa rpm's for your distribution:
rpmfind.net

Just download a file and install it by clicking on it.

If you're using MandrakeLinux, just type "urpmi mesa" in your console.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:

Mesa rpm's for your distribution:
rpmfind.net

Just download a file and install it by clicking on it.

If you're using MandrakeLinux, just type "urpmi mesa" in your console.

He is talking about opengl.dll and he tried the mesa.dsw file, which is mentioned in the win32 readme. Also taking into account his obvious lack of experience, I think it's a fairly safe bet to say he runs Windows.

Sorry (who does care about such things), what program do i use to make the compilation?

A compiler...

Why are you trying to use Mesa? And what are you doing here if you even don't know what program to use to compile things??

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!