Sign in to follow this  

C-Omega/Cw

This topic is 4727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have heard of Cw a couple of times. However, all I know is that it is a research language being developed by MS, and it mentions X# and Polyphonic C#? Could someone give me an explanation of what the language is exactly, and what set of problems it solves?

C Omega intends to make multiple processes more easily developed. Multiprocess communication has proven to be difficult in the past and languages such as Occam and Erlang have addressed the situation. They introduce a vocabulary that aids in abstracting over the domain of multiple processes.

It's a separate paradigm from most languages you may be familiar with and it is very possible you will have no need for it. Nonetheless, it could be interesting to study.

This article comes to mind[requires subscription][related pdf at man.ac.uk].

C.A.R. Hoare works at Microsoft Research, and his work may be of interest: here.

This topic is 4727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.