Sign in to follow this  

Debugging in DirectX full screen mode

This topic is 4725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm playing aroung with some sample code and I'm trying to debug a problem I'm having ( if I can't figure it out, that will be my next post ). I'm using VC++ 6.0. When I try to 'run to cursor' or set a breakpoint, I can't see the debugger. Is there a good way to debug in full screen mode? Oh, and I hope everybody had a safe and happy new year.

If your IDE supports it, you can do multi-monitor debugging. Your program gets rendered on one monitor and the debugger sits on the other. Visual Studio also has a cool option for remote debugging, you can use a second computer on your LAN for the rendering/debugging.

Thanks guys. As it turns out, I solved my problem by tracing it through on paper, but this will be a big help when it comes to more complicated problems. I'm making an Asteroids clone. I'll post it when I'm done.

This topic is 4725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.