Sign in to follow this  

New C# project with DirectX (problems with wizard)

This topic is 4728 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to learn some C# and managed DirectX so I set up a new "DirectX 9 Visual C# Wizard" project in VS.NET. No matter what options I set in it, I can't get it to compile. I get the following errors:
------ Build started: Project: Editor, Configuration: Debug .NET ------

Preparing resources...
Updating references...
Performing main compilation...
C:\Documents and Settings\beoch\My Documents\My Projects\Editor\d3dfont.cs(40,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TextureState' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
C:\Documents and Settings\beoch\My Documents\My Projects\Editor\d3dfont.cs(41,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TextureState' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
C:\Documents and Settings\beoch\My Documents\My Projects\Editor\d3dfont.cs(42,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Sampler' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
C:\Documents and Settings\beoch\My Documents\My Projects\Editor\d3dapp.cs(62,15): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SamplerStates' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
C:\Documents and Settings\beoch\My Documents\My Projects\Editor\d3dapp.cs(63,15): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TextureStates' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Build complete -- 5 errors, 0 warnings
Building satellite assemblies...
Satellite assemblies could not be built because the main project output is missing.

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

Why won't this compile out of the box? I haven't touched a thing and I have the latest DirectX 9 SDK installed.

Try adding something like

using.Microsoft.DirectX;
using.Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D;

I think the problem is it creates the necessary project, but you need to include more refrences for the commands you're using.

I'm still new to C#/MDX though, so this is only a suggustion.

:)

Thanks for the suggestion but the code already has those included. Seems like the problem is that TextureState (etc) don't exist anywhere I can find. What's up with that?

This topic is 4728 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.