Feedback on Galactic Wars 2 Alpha

Started by
22 comments, last by nts 19 years, 3 months ago
This is my game so far. I guess I will just call it alpha as it is in no "real" state and is suffering from a little bad case of poor structure. I realize this after reading a little bit into "3D Game Programming". Anyways, I was wondering if you, "my reader", could please take a look at the game so far. All the core code is almost done and I have a lot of work left to do making levels and art. The game is written in C# with DirectX9 and DirectDraw. Thanks a bunch! :P The game The code
Advertisement
I had downloaded this in attempt to give you soime feedback, but it won't work :(. I get a JIT Debugging menu that says: An exception 'System.IO.Filenotfoundexception' has occured in Galatic Wars 2.exe. I will download the source and see if the file I need is missing, but maybe you left one out bt accident? Thanks.

- Drew
That is very odd as it works fine for me. I am pretty sure there are no external file dependencies. I used DirectX 9.0c and all files within the data and images folders and nothing else.
An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in Galactic Wars 2.exe

Additional information: File or assembly name Microsoft.DirectX.DirectDraw, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
There you go...could it be DirectX9 that you are missing then?
Nope I have VS6, VS7, DX9C as well as everything else you can possibly have to program with [smile].
It ran for me and then crashed after 30 seconds or so.
Well, didn't work for me either :P

You really should test it on other computers before releasing it...

And you're right, you have ALOT of work to do! ;)
Killers don't end up in jailThey end up on a high-score!
doesn't work. says
"CLR Debugging Services

App. has generated an exception that culd not be handled.
process id: 0xc4 thread id : 0x104((260) " and JIT error...

anyway i looked up the files, images are tells the game but i see that your highscore.data file is a text file, so everyone may change it :
stroma 999999 [smile]
chad 100
john 90
franklin 80
+-+-+-+-+-STR
Dialog pops up:
Galactic Wars 2.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

When this pops up the app has 3 handles, 1 thread, and has only used 224k of memory.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement