DirectX and WebCams

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 3 months ago
Okay, I was just wondering how one would got about setting up a web cam viewer with DirectX? I’m thinking either DirectShow or DirectGraphics is going to have something to do with it. Do any of you possible know where I should start first? The SDK samples and docs aren’t really helping me. You know how cool it would be to play a multi player game such as quake and watch other people on their web cams?
Take back the internet with the most awsome browser around, FireFox
Advertisement
You need DirectShow, and to set up a video input graph. (or video recording graph). Those keywords, plugged into MSDN (or Google), really ought to set you straight. Note that it appears that DirectX and DirectShow have gone separate ways, and DS isn't part of the DX SDK anymore.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
WTF? Why is DirectShow called DirectShow then? Like most other Microsoft products, that dosn't make much sence!
Take back the internet with the most awsome browser around, FireFox
Quote:Original post by sakky
WTF? Why is DirectShow called DirectShow then? Like most other Microsoft products, that dosn't make much sence!

It was called DShow because it's been part of the DX SDK for a long time. I think they've given it a separate name with the late separation, but I don't recall it.

And please spare us the anti-MS comment.

why is everybody who thinks the microsoft products are that bad still buying/using them?

i think that's a question i will never be able to answer, but hey, who am i :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement