Sign in to follow this  

[.net] DirectX9 apps with /clr using VC.Net 2005

This topic is 4731 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to integrate my engine with a .Net Form-Based app in VC.Net 2005. The engine is written is unmanaged code, and so, doesn't integrate with the new managed code syntax. The code works fine with the old managed syntax of VC.Net 2003 (__gc, * and new), but completely fails with the new managed syntax of VC.Net 2005 (ref, ^ and gcnew). It's a real pain to manually change hundreds of lines of app generated managed code to work with the old syntax, so I was wondering if there's a way to solve the problem. Thanks in advance.

I didn't mean that I would have to recompile the engine, just re-write the app code. I cannot call methods from the library because the old unmanaged code simply isn't compatible with the new managed syntax by default.

Thanks dude, but as I said, it is a real pain to edit the code everytime I drop in a text box or a menu item, since VC.Net 2005 generates the new syntax code even with /clr:oldSyntax enabled. There has to be some way to make VC.Net 2005 to generate old syntax code, just trying to figure that out. Thanks again for your replies guys.

This topic is 4731 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.