[.net] DirectX9 apps with /clr using VC.Net 2005

Started by
4 comments, last by poly-gone 19 years, 3 months ago
I'm trying to integrate my engine with a .Net Form-Based app in VC.Net 2005. The engine is written is unmanaged code, and so, doesn't integrate with the new managed code syntax. The code works fine with the old managed syntax of VC.Net 2003 (__gc, * and new), but completely fails with the new managed syntax of VC.Net 2005 (ref, ^ and gcnew). It's a real pain to manually change hundreds of lines of app generated managed code to work with the old syntax, so I was wondering if there's a way to solve the problem. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Moved to ".NET"

If the engine is a library, instead of changing and recompiling all the code, why don't you just call the methods from the library?
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
I didn't mean that I would have to recompile the engine, just re-write the app code. I cannot call methods from the library because the old unmanaged code simply isn't compatible with the new managed syntax by default.
dood there is a switch in the compiler setting for /clr that allows the old syntax try it you might be able to use it.
Thanks dude, but as I said, it is a real pain to edit the code everytime I drop in a text box or a menu item, since VC.Net 2005 generates the new syntax code even with /clr:oldSyntax enabled. There has to be some way to make VC.Net 2005 to generate old syntax code, just trying to figure that out. Thanks again for your replies guys.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement