Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Corvwyn

Problems with tileengine (from RPG book)

This topic is 5065 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I don't care much for crossplatform, but I don't even have cross-computer. I've been going through Jim Adams' book "programming roleplaying games w/dx" and I'm expanding the tileengine a little. When I try to use it on other computers the tiles are chopped off at the end. The whole area has also been moved a couple of pixels. I was hoping someone could help me with this. I'll wait giving any code it's pretty obvious. I am still pretty close to the original code from the book though. I'm going through the rpg book, but I want to know tileengines really well before I do. If there are any other good resources don't hesitate to mention them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
I've switched to an isometric view now, but I've found out the problem.

I was using 64x32 tiles. My texture was 320x32 so you were right. It was 64*5(320), not 64*4(256) like I changed it to.

I didn't exactly understand your suggestion earlier, I thought you asked if my tiles were power-of-2. Thanks for the advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!