• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
frankd

STL with a minimal libc

This topic is 5068 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I try using std::string with a minimal libc in the style of libctiny I get a few unresolved symbols: void std::Xlen() void std::Xran() CxxFrameHandler except_list What are these, and what should they do? If I implement these, will the majority of the STL work, or will I keep encountering more functionality that needs to be implemented? Thanks

Advertisement
Xlen() and Xran() throw exceptions when the length is too large and the subscript is out of range, respectively. CxxFrameHandler is used internally by the compiler when implementing exception support I believe. (This is just implementation dependent, obviously.)

Did you turn exception handling off? In my experience, it doesn't generate that much more code. std::string seems to add way more to an executable's size than exception does in a small project.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!