• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jakpandora

[web] How should I attract people to my site?

This topic is 4871 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have had my website for almost a year now, but i fail to attract more then a few people a month. I was wondering if some of you could take a look at my site and see if theres anything i could improve: Quest Entertainment right now i have a few flash and Java games from other sites, but i am in the proscess of writing my own. I also have it listed on google. if anybody could tell me anything on my site i could improve and how to attract more visitors I would appreciate it.

Advertisement
First try to get lots of dynamic content. just things that change. also try to get content on it.

Yo ucould also try advertising. Thats the thing with forums, the more popular it is, the more people go onto it.

From,
Nice coder

Guest Anonymous Poster
hi,
i got an space rpg webbased game under development, and is currently looking for game enthusiast to join the team.
check it out at mnqstudio.thecirculation.com, enjoy!

make some of your own content... IMHO, only content matters. Then people will link to you :-)

And, sig:

Lose the ads, don't nick other peoples' games, just make your own and put them on.

Real content is what matters.

Mark

Guest Anonymous Poster
If you can, tell school kids about your site. Kids would rather play online games than do work.

Word will travel faster than you can imagine.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Make it brighter.

Put a link to it in ur sig, i have and i get lots ao hits per month. Specially for some of the vids and pics i have on there.

ace

Hand out free pr0n.

But seriously, check out the developer section of Dexterity, a shareware games publisher who is also a very active member of the shareware community. He has some great articles about improving your sales. They also mention methods of improving traffic to your site.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!