[web] How should I attract people to my site?

Started by
21 comments, last by jakpandora 19 years, 3 months ago
Just have your own content and post new stuff regularly.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Advertisement
ok, thanks for the tips. im currently developing a few java games, so content shouldnt be a problem. i would like it to be brighter too, but i cannot find a good template i like. i cant get rid of the ads becuase my host puts them there, and i would prefer not to change. any more tips would also be welcome. also, my sig doesnt seem to be working. can you guys see it?
______________________________My website: Quest Networks
Marketing a website is in some senses very much like marketing a product or service. First define your target audience clearly, which type of people are your website for?

How do you reach your audience? Is there any special websites that your audience like? Advertise on them or try to obtain a link echange.

Then you have to go into search engine submissions. It's a whole science, right now focus on Google as many people are using the service. There is also a ton of sites about search engines. Don't forget to submit to the directories such as Dmoz and so on.

Good luck!
ok, thanks for the tips. also, can you guys see sig? it doesnt seem to show up. it should say "My site: quest Entertainment" then below that "all ur base r belong 2 us!!!"
No. Do you tick the box marked "Check here to include your profile signature." when you post?

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

well, i guess that was stupid of me. i didnt even notice that there. thanks.
Actually go out and buy yourself a domain name and a website? They are as low as $9.95/month.
Don't be cheap. I don't really care for a HUGE AD that takes up half my screen.
The text could be a bit brighter. Maybe something to contrast it better against the background color.
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
ok, thanks for the help. im in the process of getting a domain name and better hosting. ill work on the text too.
I can recommend www.nearlyfreespeech.net as a host. So far it's cost me 12 cents for 2500 hits, but my site is particularly low-bandwidth.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement