Isometric Interaction, Look/Feel Concepts (warning: large images)

Started by
396 comments, last by strahan 18 years, 5 months ago
Great job! I look forward to owning a copy. The demo was really fun and I look forward to playing the whole thing. Thanks again for sharing your games development with this community, I have enjoyed it every step of the way. I didn't really have any useful information along the way so I was mostly a watcher on the side but again congratulations on a fine looking game.

Any chance of using the same engine to create a sequel [wink]?

Evillive2
Advertisement

Ah, a sequel =)

It should be known that our next title, won't be Morning's Wrath 2

It should also be known that we are already working on our next title, no rest for the indies =D

Our next title wont be using the same engine as MW, it will be using an engine primarily composed of middleware, it will be Flare's successor, Magnesium.

here are the two things I can say about that:

1. The engine will be in the style of classic lucasarts type adventure games
2. It will utilize the cutting edge technology of modern day games

As you can see, this will be a horse of a different color.

But what about Morning's Wrath 2?

The soonest MW will get a sequel is at best our third title:

Now, I have been poked and proded by people telling me that i should develop and release expansion packs for Morning's Wrath for the sake of increasing sales; I reply, rather calmly "Morning's Wrath is based on a story with a begining and an end, to expand it is to expand and change the story"

Furthermore, there will only be a MW sequel, if MW warrents one, there is more of the MW story to tell, that much is for certain, but it may be better to leave it up to the gamer's immagination (what did morning do? what happened to her?)

And if we do, finally decide to do a seuqel, the engine we use will depend upon the community, though we feel that through 3D we can deliver a more robust and itnense simmulation.

On the whole, you can be that we will be sticking around, in our eyes Morning's Wrath has already been a success, it has proven that you donot need loads of money or cutting edge technology to make a game; all you need is a lot of commitment =)

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

I have followed this thread for a while and it is nice to see a happy ending when it is so easy to drop a project and move to another. Inspirational. I especially enjoyed the photo's of you putting the shrink wrap on the 10 cases. That is where I want to be. I was just curious, will there be a complete chronological post production journal for the project? I don't know about the others but I would enjoy reading about what went right, wrong, and what your frame of mind was at times. Like, did you get to a point where you considered quiting? Or when did you know without a doubt the project was going to be finished?

Anyway, I'll definately be supporting the indie's on this one by purchasing my own copy. Great work.
SDBradley
CGP
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read." ~Mark Twain
Greetings! and thanks to all who have shown us great support!

I am definetly going to write a postmortem at some point,
currently I am busy with marketing and setting up for our next game.

I suppose everyone would opt for sooner rather than later, I will keep that in mind.

Thanks again!

20000 views!

Yay! =D

The obligatory update =)

Initial sales have been going okay, I have just finished putting together a list of about (40) news-sources and reviewers that seem to meet our target market, and we'll be sending them copies of Morning's Wrath to review within the week.

Hopefully this will boost exposure and sales =)

When I try to run the demo it ask for the Screen Resolution. However, there is no option to select in the Screen resolution drop-down control. All options are blank.

Any ideas? DirectX is installed and this is my gaming machine.

---

Update: I changed my screen resolution from 1280x1024 to 1024x1024 and now it works. I guess you don't support 1280x1024?

I have started playing and so far pretty good storyline!

My only other issue is the world is very dark. Hard to see whats on the screen. Is there a way to increase brightness?

Thanks!

[Edited by - strahan on November 9, 2005 9:30:07 AM]
Quote:Original post by strahan
My only other issue is the world is very dark. Hard to see whats on the screen. Is there a way to increase brightness?

Thanks!

Certain parts of the game are meant to be dark, some of them can be lit.

Have you found a lantern yet?
if so it should iluminate things more.

as for brightness use your monitor and/or video adapter controls to control brightness.

I did find a lattern but I couldn't find a way to equip it. Looking at the screenshots above I can see they are dark as well so this must be By Design.

However, too much squinting on my weak eyes!! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement