My first text-game ever......

Started by
23 comments, last by drjulio2002 19 years, 3 months ago
Hello everyone! I just finished up doing my first text-game ever. It is a guessing game, and I wanted to know what you guys thought about that game. http://www.geocities.com/drjulio2001/Guessing.zip Thanks! Julio Cruz! P.S: I think I could retire of making games! What you think? Besides it only took my 4 years.....trying to programs that is....ok thanks.
Julio A. Cruz
Advertisement
Well, I have no idea what you're talking about with the retirement stuff, but the game is a good programming start!
Hello everyone!

What game could I continue making so that my programming skill well increase? I'm thinking on making a text-rpg game for my next little-project but, what do you guys think?

Thanks!
Julio A. Cruz
Quote:Original post by drjulio2002
Hello everyone!

What game could I continue making so that my programming skill well increase? I'm thinking on making a text-rpg game for my next little-project but, what do you guys think?

Thanks!

I'd suggest Tic-Tac-Toe before an RPG. http://www.gametutorials.com has a good TTT tutorial.
I'm curious... what exactly took you 4 years? 4 years in highschool with programming classes? 4 years reading programming books? 4 years using a computer? 4 years to make that program perfect? Just not too sure what you meant there. And if you work at it, becoming a seasoned programmer with lots of steam and effort used, you can retire on programming I guess you could say.

Make some more text games, have some fun with math problems... make lots of different little programs that you may not ever use... but it sure is fun (at least for me) to work for a bit on any useless thing and get a good result. Then start working on games like tic tac toe... and then expand to OpenGl... or whatever you like.
1 little question, how come it creates a file called gmon.out when i run the compiled one, but when I compile the source it does not? That seems kinda weird and a little suspicious to me but I'm pretty new at this. Is it some sort peculiarity of C or something?

I guess that's two questions :).
skulldrudgery--A tricky bit of toil
And the size of the two .exe files are different. One is 21,332 bytes and the other is 29,395 bytes. That's a spread of about 8k. Insignificant? Maybe.

Is there something fishy going on or am I complete retard?
And one of the headings on your site says "Virus Reproductions." You freaking turd. What the hell is up with your "first text-game ever......"
Quote:Original post by skulldrudgery
1 little question, how come it creates a file called gmon.out when i run the compiled one, but when I compile the source it does not? That seems kinda weird and a little suspicious to me but I'm pretty new at this. Is it some sort peculiarity of C or something?

I guess that's two questions :).

gmon.out ia generated by a profiler, which obviously means one was compiled in when he compiled the binary. This explains the extra size.

Quote:
And one of the headings on your site says "Virus Reproductions." You freaking turd. What the hell is up with your "first text-game ever......"

The explanation is given above, and you really should wait for the author to provide an explanation before you start insulting him.
I defer to your superior knowledge...

If it is harmless then I apologize. As I said I am pretty new at programming. I just put several things together, maybe mistakenly.

Again I apologise if this was just harmless.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement