My first text-game ever......

Started by
23 comments, last by drjulio2002 19 years, 3 months ago
Hello everyone!

xllx_relient_xllx I agree about jumping straight into the C Programming Language from "the Get-Go", all while using good programming books to tech you and get you to the programmer's goal, that is to create computer games. So, for frankiej I must say the same thing that xllx_relient_xllx said that QBasic is too old, and of course C Programming is the best programming language to program and understand. But, I started with QBasic because I saw that the book I had was interesting, because it give me real-world challenging problems to solve and turn those problem to a program soluction. So, basically it was the programming problems that the book "QBasic Second Edition" help me alot. Go for C Programming! All the way!

Thanks!
Julio A. Cruz
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by frankiej
Thanks everyone for your replies, they are very interested. Maybe I need to look into C programming if QBasic is an older program. xllx_relient_xllx
could you let me know the name of the author of the C book? Many Thanks everyone.

Sure, Author's name is, Greg Perry.

Direct link to the book on amazon.com
Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672305100/qid=1104884166/sr=8-9/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i8_xgl14/104-4052597-9209528?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
just a word. You may want to consider changing the name and what it dose because some people will react by thinking its a virus and not play your game or when the screen saver comes up they will think that it is because i virus is getting in so they will freak out and shut down their comp not that im mad at you i just thought it would be a helpful tip so that people are more likly to play your game [grin]
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
Thanks for that tip!

Julio A. Cruz
Web Site corrected. NightDreamer http://www.geocities.com/drjulio2001

Thanks!
Julio A. Cruz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement