Download the MagicCube game

Started by
11 comments, last by adriano_usp 19 years, 3 months ago
Hi, The Magic Cube has a simple graphic appearance, but it is an excellent exercise to understand and work with matrices transformation... so, I implemented it. You can download it at: http://www.adrianojmr.ubbi.com.br After downloading the file, just change its extension to ".zip". Enjoy it! Challenge: Can you solve the puzzle in hard difficulty level? ;) Thanks... and sorry my poor English. Adriano Ribeiro
Advertisement
Very impressive! [smile] I liked all of the cute characters that made up the rubix cube, as well as your GUI. Also, the mouse picking was implemented very well - I had no problems with it. A couple suggestions:

(1) Add some more resolutions. I prefer to use 1280x1024 in windowed mode.
(2) On the intro screen, the cube is spinning just too fast for me. You may want to slow it down a little bit, before people get motion sickness [wink]

The other applications on your site look very interesting, as well. When are you going to have them up? Also, are you going to include source code (I'm sure people would be interested, for the harder topics such as IK).
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Thanks Dustin!

My computer is old and slow, so 1280x1024 is too big for it... :o( But no problem, I will implement your suggestions.

The other applications on my site will be added soon. I don't know exactly when... They still need some improvements.

Adriano Ribeiro

[Edited by - adriano_usp on January 3, 2005 8:42:38 PM]
The game with the new modifications (Dustin's suggestions) is already available.
Please, download it again.
Moved to "Your announcements"

Cool. I think the splash page is much more 'friendly' now. Also, the undo feature is pretty cool - it's useful too. I really suck at rubix cubes though [lol]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Error1:

---------------------------------------
The instruction at "0x00406282"
Referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
Memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program.
---------------------------------------

When i debugged it, it said:

--------------------------------------
Unhandled Exeption in CuboMagico.exe:
0xC0000005: Acess Violation.
--------------------------------------

VC++ 6. has the error at line 0406282.

In that line, is:
Mov eax, dword ptr [edx]

This is on Win2K.
From,
Nice coder
Click here to patch the mozilla IDN exploit, or click Here then type in Network.enableidn and set its value to false. Restart the browser for the patches to work.
You can undo 50 times. Would you like more? [totally]

If someone gets to solve the rubix cubes in the hard difficulty level, please tell me... I never got[embarrass]

If someone solve it, I will implement a surprise to be shown in the hard difficulty level.
Nice Coder, did you receive some other error message before that?
Nope. It got the the "select display resolution" screen, then it died.

From,
Nice coder
Click here to patch the mozilla IDN exploit, or click Here then type in Network.enableidn and set its value to false. Restart the browser for the patches to work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement