• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NestorPL

OpenGL Special effects help/materials/tuts needed.

This topic is 4941 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Howdy folks! Im writing a visualisation engine as my final project and i need some tips on overall design and effects needed. What i got now : - 3dsmax objects/scene export/import - Vbo static meshes (incl. per vertex normals) - time based camera - some simple GL_LIGHTS What im looking for is some knowledge or tutorials on the following topics : - bloom - dof - bump mapping - general shaders in GL - tips on overall design of the app. My aim is to make a far-cry'ish cave, with some water pool, sun shining down through an opening (bloom here) , maybe some particle system to incorporate dropping water here and there (but i think i can manage with that), and maybe some exit to a small beach for a warm feeling. Given the general idea, i would be extremely happy to hear from GL/coding pros on general ways to design that, stuff that i should use, and maybe some links to some materials covering those topics. PS. can i use nvidias FX Composer shaders with opengl & ati hardware? (9600xt) Thanks in advance Edit : i've already checked the dev sites of both ati and nvidia and didnt find anything covering those topics as a whole. Ati site is almost empty, and nvidias docs are very general and preaching their hardware and DX mostly.. -- Nestor

Advertisement
Thanks a lot mate!

Are there any tutorials out there on GLSL (gl shading language) ?
I saw some neat effects in rendermonkey 1.5 and im planning to incorporate them in my scene, but im a complete novice when it comes to shading and stuff. Some theoretical base for those effects production would be neat too!

And my real time rendering 2nd ed didnt arrive yet.. rarr..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!