• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DjBassBoss

auxDBImageLoad()

This topic is 4970 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First of all, congratulation NeHe for the tuts, I love them; I have a problem with this function, I´m using Borland C++ BuilderX and when I compile the project of lesson 6, the linker fails with this error message: Error: Unresolved external 'auxDIBImageLoadA' referenced from C:\...\DEBUG_BUILD\OPENGLBASIC.OBJ Any idea? Thanks for your time

Advertisement
sorrry this is the context code

AUX_RGBImageRec *LoadBMP(char *Filename){
FILE *File=NULL;
if (!Filename){
return NULL;
}
File=fopen(Filename,"r");
if (File){
fclose(File);
return auxDIBImageLoad(Filename); // Here is where it fails
}
}

Quote:
Original post by DerAnged
Not linoking glaux(but it is highly unrecomended to use glaux, switch to glut or devil)

No actuarly, glut is bad for you.
Search this forum a few pages(eight of them) back and you will find this page.
It might help to solve your problem.

Quote:
Original post by lc_overlord
Quote:
Not linoking glaux(but it is highly unrecomended to use glaux, switch to glut or devil)

I beg to differ, glut is a good library has many uses. But I can tell you that it won't help with loading textures, as far as I know.

You can replace the AUX_DIBImageLoad() with writing your own Bitmap loading code, very easy, you should be able to get the code anywhere on the net.

A bitmap file is a very simple file format, with a small header followed by the image data, just store it in an array, header will tell you the size, send this data to OpenGL as you would of with the AUX_RGBImageRec data.

Then you cut out the dreaded aux library.

Quote:
Original post by James Trotter
Quote:
Original post by lc_overlord
Quote:

I beg to differ, glut is a good library has many uses. But I can tell you that it won't help with loading textures, as far as I know.

Glut is good for making a small demo program or visualization of something in less time.
But if you are doing a larger project that takes longer than a week to code, glut is just in the way.

to go back on to the subject.
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=275238
this link explains everything you need and more, for now.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!