Suggestions for a picture/photo editing program?

Started by
2 comments, last by JTippetts 19 years, 3 months ago
My photoshop is getting outdated, so I'm in the market for something new. I need it to be good at creating and editing pictures for sprites, textures, and possibly making 3d-like images, and I'd like to be able to install it on my grandma's computer so she can edit her photos :p any suggestions?
Advertisement
Jasc Paintshop Pro is good for making images and not too expensive as these things go. The version I have is not as good for photo editing as other comparable programs, though. However, I heard that the latest version adds more photo editing features. Check it out.
Hi,

I'm sure this is a well talked about subject. Here is the lowdown:

Photoshop - The most used and well recognised. Don't leave your home without one.
You can get some Lite version of it which come with some hardware or bundles with software.

Paint Shop Pro - The clone of Photoshop and is well established as the cheap alternative. Very similar layout ot photoshop and might be a good starting point.

Gimp 2 - Open Source alternative to Photoshop. It has more features then Paint Shop Pro and has some power scripting tools. Version 2 has made a huge improvements to GUI.

Hope this helps.

Dan
This is a _very_ talked about question. Look at the top of the thread list for this forum and you'll see a stickied thread regarding 2D and 3D software information, where a list is maintained of this sort of thing. Go ahead and check it out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement