compiling release builds

Started by
1 comment, last by Gaiiden 19 years, 3 months ago
i just tried compiling a program im making using SDL today as a release build instead of debug in VS NET. it compiles fine when under debug, but under release it comes up with alot of unresolved external symbol errors for SDL functions: ArachNad error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_SetAlpha ArachNad error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_FillRect ArachNad error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_MapRGB ArachNad error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_UpperBlit ArachNad error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_UpperBlit i dont really understand the difference between debug and release builds, could someone explain that to me? and also, how can i get rid of these errors?
Advertisement
Are you linking with SDL.lib in your release build?
Yea when you set up your project and listed SDL.LIB in your linker, you probably did it for Debug mode only, since that's the mode most new projects are loaded in. If you're using VC++, the best thing to do is to select the "All Builds" option when editing project options for listing libraries to link to.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement