Ant+Antenna and J2ME

Started by
8 comments, last by NetLynx 19 years, 3 months ago
Not far ago I found Ant. Build needed XML file (build.xml) and found one minus - problem with size of MIDlet in JAD file. Antenna is made to solve this problem. I connected it. Everything will be alright but during running/compiling error "taskdef class de.pleumann.antenna.WtkJad cannot be found" is thrown. May be someone is using this tool or know how to solve this problem?
Advertisement
Did you try what I suggested in the J2ME.org forums (putting the antenna jar in the lib directory of Ant's installation instead of including it as a resource in the build.xml)? Because that works just fine for me.

shmoove
This is what I've answered:

1. antenna-bin.jar is in d:\ant\lib\antenna-bin.jar
2. <taskdef resource="antenna.properties " ...> is write in manual if you don't want to add to classpath.

and e-mail at the end.

But this doesn't help.
I don't have that <taskdef resource="antenna.properties " ...> line and it works fine for me...

I only have these taskdefs:
	<taskdef name="wtkjad" classname="de.pleumann.antenna.WtkJad"/>	<taskdef name="wtkbuild" classname="de.pleumann.antenna.WtkBuild"/>	<taskdef name="wtkpackage" classname="de.pleumann.antenna.WtkPackage"/>	<taskdef name="wtkmakeprc" classname="de.pleumann.antenna.WtkMakePrc"/>	<taskdef name="wtkrun" classname="de.pleumann.antenna.WtkRun"/>	<taskdef name="wtkpreverify" classname="de.pleumann.antenna.WtkPreverify"/>	<taskdef name="wtkobfuscate" classname="de.pleumann.antenna.WtkObfuscate"/>	<taskdef name="wtkpreprocess" classname="de.pleumann.antenna.WtkPreprocess"/>

Maybe there is something missing in your environment variables? I have the obligatory JAVA_HOME and MIDP_HOME set, and Ant's bin directory is part of the PATH env. variable (running on WinXP).

Quote:
1. antenna-bin.jar is in d:\ant\lib\antenna-bin.jar

Well, when installing Ant, by default it's installed in a directory named "apache-ant-1.5.4" (possibly with another version number of course). Did you rename this to "ant". Basically the antenna-bin.jar file should be in the same directory as the ant.jar file.

shmoove
shmoove look at personal messages.

As I wrote, I was using Ant. It was working correctly, but without JAD.

But now I'm trying to normal add Antenna like in manual.

<taskdef resource="antenna.properties " ... I add to try.

As you said may be some variables in system are not typed. But I don't know which of them

OK. I understand that. And I know that the manual says you need you need that <taskdef resource="antenna.properties"... line. But try deleting that line from the build.xml, and make sure that antenna_bin.jar is in the same place that ant.jar is. I also work with Ant and Antenna, and I haven't had any problems with that setup.

shmoove

First off, does it fail on the <taskdef resource="antenna.properties " ...> line or is the WTKJAD your first task in the build file so it fails there?

If it is the first matter, ANT doesnt find your ANTENNA in the classpath for some reason...

Enviroment vars you should have set is at least ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME .... Also, add %ANT_HOME%\bin to your path...

Also, you write <taskdef resource="antenna.properties " ...> .... What do you have under "..." ? It should be enough to just include the taskdef file like this:

<taskdef resource="antenna.properties"/>

Which version of ANTENNA are you using? We used 0.9.12 for some time, but experienced werid and unpredictable problems. Those went away when we upgraded to 0.9.13 .... Ant is v1.6.2

And dont add your antenna JAR file to the classpath....
Thanks to all. Problem was not in biuld file. I tried it and it was working. All this time I was launching build with Ant from Intellij Idea. And after adding antenna.jar to needed classes and it start to work.
Did you try Eclipse with EclipseME plugin?

I know you like IDEA :) -- but the J2ME support is still in early stages in Irida (EAP version) and it is not free.
I have and Eclipse IDE but trying IDEA after JBuilder I need nothing else. It is quick, small in memory, with Ant panel and editor occupies almost all window, but every information can be get very quick. An dthe smartest this - code formating! All tabs and spaces can be done by ONE key combination!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement