• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SidewinderX

Dedicated CVS servers

This topic is 4919 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where exactly to put it, and I figured this is where the most knowledgeable people about it would be. With that said.... Well, I'm in the process of setting up a CVS server for my project, and I have decided that my computer is not really the best long term solution. So I'm looking at paying for a dedicated CVS server. I'll need at least 150mb of space, preferable more than that. I was looking at the CVSDude "Project Team" account, I was wondering if anyone knew a better deal, or knew a really, really nice guy who has a dedicated server they'd be willing to share with us. :D Thanks! EDIT: Just adding that I don't want to use sourceforge because my project isn't open source... [Edited by - SidewinderX on January 4, 2005 7:43:00 AM]

Advertisement
First of all I'd recomend Subversion (SVN) over CVS. I've found it easier to use that CVS and I've heard it's got better handling of things like binary files. Here are a few places I've found that offer subversion hosting:

Wush.net
ProjectLocker
SVN-Hosting
CVSDude

SVN-Hosting does an account with 300mb of disc space for $10 a month which seems pretty cheap.

If your project is going to be open source I recommend SourceForge. You get 100mb to start of with, and they increase it if you motivate why. And you get a website for the homepage. Project management utilities on the project page. Alot of neat stuff, and it's free! :D

heh, you obviously didn't read all my post ;)

Quote:
EDIT: Just adding that I don't want to use sourceforge because my project isn't open source...

[Edited by - SidewinderX on January 4, 2005 7:43:00 AM]

Anyway, eyal, if this works out I owe you big time!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!