3D animation software ???

Started by
4 comments, last by CProgrammer 19 years, 3 months ago
i want to build my own character... What software that can make my job easier on build the animation of my character(help me)? i use 3d Max 6 for 3d modeling... i worked on XP windows.. any suggestion..??
Advertisement
I would 3D Studio max is all u would need, u could try Maya...

ace
There's an excellent list of 3d (and 2d) software here, but not being skilled at art in any way, I can't really recommend any particular package to you. I've heard Blender is quite good - it's marked as popular on the list I linked, and you can't beat the price [wink] so perhaps you could give it a try.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Theres a plugin for 3d studio called 'character studio'.
With that you can easily animate characters.
The nevest version of 3d studio comes with character studio buil in if I remember correctly.

-CProgrammer
Quote:Original post by ace_lovegrove
I would 3D Studio max is all u would need, u could try Maya...

A beginner would definitely not want to invest the several thousand dollars needed for a Maya license. Especially not to just "try it out".

Blender, Milkshape, Wings 3D ... are much, much more affordable, or even free.

gohacker82 - If you've already got a legal copy of 3D Studio Max 6 ... why are you looking any further.

(Moved from For Beginners to the Visual Arts forum.)
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Actually if you are a student you can download a free version of maya in order to try it out. Nothing more however since you get huge remarks everywhere.
But I asolutely agree. If you have 3d studio then why even think of getting another software. As recommended the only thing you could think about is character studio(plugin). Look it up that'll make great animations.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement