Direct X 9 assertion error

Started by
2 comments, last by c_back 19 years, 3 months ago
I get this:
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :************************************************************
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :ASSERTION FAILED! File d:\builds\nt32_chk\multimedia\directx\dxg\d3d9\fw\d3dobj.cpp Line 63: m_cRef > 0
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :************************************************************
when I include my md2 rendering function. I'm not sure what it means. Anyone have any clue? My harddrive is C:, which is where my SDK is. Dunno why it comes up D:. Any help would be great, thanks :)
Advertisement
That path is the internal path to the files used to build D3D, it has nothing to do with your system.

Are there any other warnings or errors? Do you have the Debug level at maximum?

At a random guess I'd say that somehow some Reference Counts are going screwy.
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
It looks like you tried to release an object that had a ref count of 0. Look for any places you used Release() once too many, or something. If you can't find it, try this:

assert( OBJ->GetRefCount() > 0 );
OBJ->Release();

That way, the assert will happen in your own code, rather than D3D's. A clever define might even make this automatic.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
fixed it, thanks guys :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement