• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Player_0

How to do the Gas/Nebulas in Conspiracy demos?

This topic is 4917 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! I was checking out some demos yesterday and two really stuck out. The a place called universe and Beyond demos from Conspiracy. http://pouet.net/groups.php?which=2685 I want to ask for any comments or suggestions on how to make the gaseous stuff like that. I was thinking about texture mapping but they are in pretty complex shapes so I dont know if that'll work. I'm not that great with graphics at the moment so sorry if this is a crappy question.

Advertisement
I haven't looked at the demos, but I'd guess they used something known as "volumetric fog" and twiddled the colors with some cellaur-automata technique for simulating fluid dynamics.

A lot of alpha blended particles...one of the numerous nebula effect is propbably achieved with a "flat worm-hole" (the texture translation simulate the spiral movement).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!