[web] Website Hosts Help...

Started by
4 comments, last by SAE Superman 19 years, 3 months ago
I finally don't get free webspace anymore so I was wondering about web hosts. Who do you go through? Do you like them/how's their service? What do they offer and for how much? What should I look for in a host? I don't need anything fancy, PHP and MySQL at the most. Links to who you go through would be greatly appreciated [help] Thanks ~SAE Superman [Edited by - SAE Superman on January 4, 2005 2:41:14 PM]
Advertisement
You might want to check out 100webspace.com. I haven't used them but I've heard good things.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
I've tried to cover your questions in the Forum FAQ. If there's anything missing or you have any more questions, fire them over to us.
Quote:Original post by evolutional
I've tried to cover your questions in the Forum FAQ. If there's anything missing or you have any more questions, fire them over to us.

That FAQ is awesome! Thanks for pointing it out. I'm kinda looking for word of mouth opinions though. Back to my original questions: Who do you go through? Do you like them/how's their service? If I just look at their websites, I just get a bunch of smoke blown up my ass [rolleyes] (there's no real opinions, just a lot of happy faces)

Glad you liked the FAQ, I'm trying to keep it as current as I can to encompass the stuff that crops up here often. Remember, it's a resource for you guys - if you want something added or changed, just PM me.

As for your questions; it really depends on the type of site you're creating. There's no point buying hosting that's over-specified for what you'll be doing with it. You also need to make sure the plan is something you can grow with, giving you room for future expansion and experimentation.

You may be interested in a thread I started before christmas. The aim of this thread was mainly to hear first hand opinions of hosting to allow people to judge for themselves if the host is good. There's nothing worse than just taking a hosting plan blindly without knowing anything about the company. I'd say, ask around - look on forums such as this and WebHosting Talk for opinions and discussions on the hosting plans. If you like the way something looks, post a thread about it on here or on that site (if none exists) and let people with more knowledge and experience look things over and help you. The last thing I want to see is people spending money on crap hosting.
Quote:Original post by evolutional
You may be interested in a thread I started before christmas.

You're awsome, that was the exact thread I was trying to get [grin] As for my web needs, I need enough space to hold lots of photos and probably some PHP support. I haven't decided if I want to take on MySQL because I probably won't have time to do much with the site and I'm assuming it costs more. I'm making a website, in my very little spare time, for my fiance so she can post stuff about our wedding and what not for our family that's all across the country [smile] Thank you for all your help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement