• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
HemoGloben

Fourier Transforms...again...

This topic is 4889 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Not sure if you guys remember, but I popped into the Math and Physics Forum a couple months ago asking for help finding information on Fourier Transforms. Well I'm in the final stages of preparing my presentation. Tweaking my demo code and such, finishing my report. And I just thought of something. 1D Fourier Transform is pretty easy. 2D is just 1D rows, then 1D transformed Columns. What about 3D? I mean, not sure I could find a use for 3D transform, but how would you do it anyway?

Advertisement
Just like you do 2D but with additional sum (IIRC)...

2D DFT: F(u,v)=1/(MN) * sum(x=0 to M-1)( sum(y=0 to N-1) f(x,y)*exp(-j*2*pi*(u*x/M+v*y/N)))

3D DFT(just a new summation): F(u,v,w)=1/(MNO) * sum(x=0 to M-1)( sum(y=0 to N-1) (sum(z=0 to O-1) f(x,y,z)*exp(-j*2*pi*(u*x/M+v*y/N+z*w/O))))

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!