• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gimp

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

This topic is 4916 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For some reason my code has recently started producing this message on release compilation. The problem does not seem to occur in debug. I have checked the build dependencies and they are listed. I have performed a clean rebuild of the project yet it still seems to occur so it seem to be configuration related. A simple example of what I'm doing: Library Lib : Common Binary DLL : Sound When building the Binary I get scores of these: FireMod Win32.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall CSound::SetAttributes(class CKeypair &)" (?SetAttributes@CSound@@UAEXAAVCKeypair@@@Z) FireMod Win32.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const * const WINDOW_CLASS_NAME" (?WINDOW_CLASS_NAME@@3PBDB) Can anyone point me in the right direction? What should I be going after? (I'm using VS.NET BTW)

Advertisement
Your release is missing some libs from the linker settings.

In the project settings find the linker options, and copy the list of libs from the debug target.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!