• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
texasag99

Question about which C++ software I should get

This topic is 5039 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can anyone tell me which software package to program on C++ I wasn't sure which software is the best, and I am just starting out so I would like to download something for free. ;)

Advertisement
this is one and probibly the most popular one:
Dev-Cpp there are others so just look at some Google em and figure out witch one you like

Dev-Cpp: Bloodshed.net

hope i helped and good luck [grin]

Have you read the Forum FAQ (under the Free IDE section)?

No program is the best. You'll find some programs better than some other. So I guess you'll have to try them.

As raptorstrike stated, devcpp is a very good program - and has everything you'll want to start C/C++ programming.

Yours,

I never managed to get dev c++ working, but Microsoft viual studio .net is great. Along with the book Microsoft visual c++.net step by step. If you know where to look you can download the program, but its pretty big.

Quote:
Original post by crazy_andy
I never managed to get dev c++ working, but Microsoft viual studio .net is great. Along with the book Microsoft visual c++.net step by step. If you know where to look you can download the program, but its pretty big.

lol.

Quote:
Original post by xllx_relient_xllx
Quote:
Original post by crazy_andy

lol.

? ^_^

I strongly suggest Dev-C++. It's lightweight, easy to use, and has enough "bells and whistles" to make it fun to use. Grabbing updates and libraries is as easy as tools->Check for Updates/Packages. The built in editor isn't wonderful, but it gets the job done (auto-indents, smart indents, spaces for tabs, syntax highlighting, etc, etc). Plus it uses the GNU gcc compiler which is very good. In one of the books I'm currently reading (Game Programming All in One) the author really seems to favor dev c++ and gcc (and C over C++, but not everyone's perfect [grin]). It's definitely worth a look. I won't even bother posting a link to it, searching google for dev c++ works just fine.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!