• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Extrarius

[web] Project-hosting scripts (between GD Showcase and SourceForge)

This topic is 4970 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for some kind of script (PHP preferred, though I could port something ASP/JSP/whatever myself I guess if required) that is meant for hosting projects. Ideally, for each project it would have a basis project page with a file tree (so project admins can create folders like stable, release candidate, etc if they want) that has versioned files (it doesn't need to do any fancy diff-compressing or anything, just allow multiple files with the same name each having a different version number {via db or something}). Also, each project should get a forum-like place for people to put comments/suggestions/etc. I'd be nice if it had an easy to use admin panel that allows creating new projects, assigning per-project-admins, setting how much space/bandwdith a project can use, and things like that. SourceForge looks nice, but it seems somewhat overcomplicated and it is geared 100% towards open source projects (whereas projects I'll be hosting will be primarily binary-only and windows-centric), but the GD Showcase is too far in the opposite direction IMO. The showcase is good for what it is meant to be, but I'm looking for something a little more advanced.

Advertisement
Sounds like you're trying to reinvent something like ViewCVS.

Look at your existing version control system and see if it has a native web export facility (or dynamic web page generation facility).

You will probably be able to use that.

Mark

I'm not using a CVS - this isn't for an internal project or something, I just want to put some extra web space/transfer I have to use =-) Really a CVS isn't what I want, and after looking around there isn't anything that I can find that is. I'd already started making my own, so I'll just continue on that (unless somebody knows of something I missed).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!