Physics for 2D bmx racing game

Started by
3 comments, last by oliii 19 years, 3 months ago
Hi, I'm trying to make a 2D bmx/motocross games. This game is a side scrolling racing game, so far I manage to make a good collition detection with the terrain but since it's a motocross game there's alot of jumping and stumbling involve which I kinda stuck with right now. Anybody knows good article/resources I can read about this physics ??? thanks
Ride the thrill of your life
Play Motorama
Advertisement
for classic physics (rigid bodies), see

polygon collision and rigid body dynamics
rigid body dynamics

or for more esoteric stuff,

jakobsen verlet particle systems
side scrolling verlet vehicle on terrain
verlet physics demo

Everything is better with Metal.

just a thought, for inspiration have a look at the game "elastomania". Its only a small download you will find it through google. It is side scrolling motocross type game and it is seriously good.

the amount of time i have spent playing that game, it is quite possibly the best game ever.
Quote:Original post by schnootle
just a thought, for inspiration have a look at the game "elastomania". Its only a small download you will find it through google. It is side scrolling motocross type game and it is seriously good.

the amount of time i have spent playing that game, it is quite possibly the best game ever.

but the two-player split screen mode is seriously bad, worst concept ever for a such game.

Projects: Top Down City: http://mathpudding.com/

Noneless, Elastomania is a great time waster. I love it. :)

Everything is better with Metal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement