• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yanuart

Physics for 2D bmx racing game

This topic is 4888 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to make a 2D bmx/motocross games. This game is a side scrolling racing game, so far I manage to make a good collition detection with the terrain but since it's a motocross game there's alot of jumping and stumbling involve which I kinda stuck with right now. Anybody knows good article/resources I can read about this physics ??? thanks

Advertisement
just a thought, for inspiration have a look at the game "elastomania". Its only a small download you will find it through google. It is side scrolling motocross type game and it is seriously good.

the amount of time i have spent playing that game, it is quite possibly the best game ever.

Quote:
Original post by schnootle
just a thought, for inspiration have a look at the game "elastomania". Its only a small download you will find it through google. It is side scrolling motocross type game and it is seriously good.

the amount of time i have spent playing that game, it is quite possibly the best game ever.

but the two-player split screen mode is seriously bad, worst concept ever for a such game.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!