• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Creating MD5 hashes?

This topic is 4792 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for a library that allows me to hash strings into MD5. Up to now all I found was a bunch of classes that either were GPL, or used MFC specific functions. I'm not really looking for a library which I have to alter to my own needs. I just want a simple MD5 funtion which allows me to call MD5(string). Toolmaker

Advertisement
The Doom 3 SDK has a simple md5 class in it. If I remember right the comment said it was pulled from somewhere else.

Quote:
Original post by evolutional
There's an article/code on CodeProject that might be what you're after.

I'm looking at the CodeProject one now. As for the other link you provided, it's a trail version of some software piece. But the CodeProject one looks very promising.

Toolmaker

Quote:
Original post by ToolmakerAs for the other link you provided, it's a trail version of some software piece.

I was just about to download it and give it a try, when I realised that it was a trial and probably not what you were after (so I removed the link).

Heheh, I love how people wrap up all of this in a class when a single function would do the job really well. And then they prepend the C to the name. 100% OO here we come!

Quote:
Original post by antareus
Heheh, I love how people wrap up all of this in a class when a single function would do the job really well. And then they prepend the C to the name. 100% OO here we come!

So true. I took at look at the CodeProject class, and decided to write my own wrapper function using the RSA soure code. The class isn't too well written, so I just use it as example. Besides, why use a class when you can just do:
string MD5(const string& strText);

Toolmaker

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement