• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Toolmaker

Creating MD5 hashes?

This topic is 4891 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for a library that allows me to hash strings into MD5. Up to now all I found was a bunch of classes that either were GPL, or used MFC specific functions. I'm not really looking for a library which I have to alter to my own needs. I just want a simple MD5 funtion which allows me to call MD5(string). Toolmaker

Advertisement
The Doom 3 SDK has a simple md5 class in it. If I remember right the comment said it was pulled from somewhere else.

Quote:
Original post by evolutional
There's an article/code on CodeProject that might be what you're after.

I'm looking at the CodeProject one now. As for the other link you provided, it's a trail version of some software piece. But the CodeProject one looks very promising.

Toolmaker

Quote:
Original post by ToolmakerAs for the other link you provided, it's a trail version of some software piece.

I was just about to download it and give it a try, when I realised that it was a trial and probably not what you were after (so I removed the link).

Heheh, I love how people wrap up all of this in a class when a single function would do the job really well. And then they prepend the C to the name. 100% OO here we come!

Quote:
Original post by antareus
Heheh, I love how people wrap up all of this in a class when a single function would do the job really well. And then they prepend the C to the name. 100% OO here we come!

So true. I took at look at the CodeProject class, and decided to write my own wrapper function using the RSA soure code. The class isn't too well written, so I just use it as example. Besides, why use a class when you can just do:
string MD5(const string& strText);

Toolmaker

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!