Game Engine Book

Started by
9 comments, last by corliss 19 years, 3 months ago
Hi, I have bought some "Game Engine" books, but none of these teaches you the basics of a game engine (game loop, kernel etc). Is there any book that covers these type of things? I want a book similar to the Enginuity tutorials, but more comperhersive.
Advertisement
Which books did you buy?
-dizzyGame Institute InternPlease rate me. :)
I'm not so sure there is actually a good book out there for this, correct me if im wrong.

ace
Look at the enginuity articles here.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
Quote:Original post by yzzid
Which books did you buy?

I bought Game Engine Design(David H. Eberly) and Real Time 3D Terrain Engines using C++ and DirectX 9(Greg Snook).

Quote:Original post by Ainokea
Look at the enginuity articles here.

I have already looked at Enginuity articles, but I need something more comperhersive and more complete.
Well what exactly are you looking for? You say you want to know the basics such as how the kernal works, and enginuity explains that. Please explaing more in depth at what you are looking for.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
I am looking for a book that explains everything on this diagram:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/enginuity2/layout_sm.gif
You might like this. It covers gameloops and structure:

Have you checked out this book yet?
Quote:Original post by George109
I am looking for a book that explains everything on this diagram:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/enginuity2/layout_sm.gif

That diagram isnt necessarily gospel. It is a good start ofcourse but the layout of an engine varies enourmously with the application of it.

I would just start simple and work your way up , designing your own.

ace

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement