DevIL/OpenIL is drawing things upside down for me, but not for my video programmer?

Started by
3 comments, last by Roots 19 years, 3 months ago
My new graphics programmer has been working on our OpenGL video engine and when I tried out his demo code, everything was drawn upside-down (flipped across x-axis) for me, but on his machine everything looks like it should. Has anyone experienced something like this happening? I don't know if something is wrong with my crappy ATI video drivers or what. We're both running Linux and he's using DevIL 1.6.6 and I'm using DevIL 1.6.5-5.1 (from Debian package listing). But that shouldn't matter should it? If anyone has any ideas why this is happening please let me know. I can post code if needed.

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

Advertisement
well, it depends on what changed between version 1.6.5-5.1 and 1.6.6, i'd check the DevIL site to see...
After initialising DevIL try putting these lines of code in:

ilOriginFunc(IL_ORIGIN_UPPER_LEFT);ilEnable(IL_ORIGIN_SET);

They should ensure that all images have the same origin (and hence are shown the right way up).
Quote:Original post by _the_phantom_
well, it depends on what changed between version 1.6.5-5.1 and 1.6.6, i'd check the DevIL site to see...

Yeah I'm reading through it right now. Oh I forgot to mention, previously we were using the FreeImage library instead of DevIL and everything was drawn correctly for me with that code...

Quote:Original post by Monder
After initialising DevIL try putting these lines of code in:

ilOriginFunc(IL_ORIGIN_UPPER_LEFT);ilEnable(IL_ORIGIN_SET);

They should ensure that all images have the same origin (and hence are shown the right way up).

Thanks, that did it! [grin]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement