• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Samurai Jack

Free CVS Server?

This topic is 4927 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings! Here is my problem: - I'm working on a project with about 40 files (c++, .h, projects, workspace, etc...) - I usualy don't write on the same computer - I would need something to track my latest version of files - So i can continue with working with up to date files - I can not host a CVS server - It does not need to be complex It should work as following: - Download the latest files - I make changes to let us say 3 files - Upload only the new 3 files - thats it When i come to the next computer, i can continue with the latest files. Any FREE suggestions? I can't host the server by myself!

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Monder
Try freepository

freepository has currently lots of problems, but you get 150mb for free.

if your project is small (about 3 or 4 mb, this should be enought for workspace, h, cpp files) then use cvsdude

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Ludi83
Quote:
Original post by Monder
Try freepository

freepository has currently lots of problems, but you get 150mb for free.

if your project is small (about 3 or 4 mb, this should be enought for workspace, h, cpp files) then use cvsdude

Hi Ludi83,

I'm curious what problems you've encountered with freepository. I'm the founder & respond to all support inquiries, so this has me a bit puzzled.

The server was recently upgraded (over the 2004 year-end holiday) to improve connection speeds and processing for the over 5000 projects currently hosted. Perhaps you encountered some down-time before or during the upgrade?

If you have a specific support issue that remains open, please feel free to contact me directly at jbminn [at] freepository [dot] com.

Freepository has offered secure free cvs hosting since AUG-1999. Originally offered at 50Mb, the service now provides 150Mb of cvs repository space at no charge to members. Register, upload your code & get to work. Both open & closed source projects are welcome. Individuals, companies, universities and entire branches of government use freepository successfully every day.

I look forward to assisting you.

jbminn

Guest Anonymous Poster
Great idea, store all of your source code on a random person's internet server, where you have no control of who really can access it, just because you're too cheap to even get a DSL line and host a little server.

But maybe it's just me.

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Hi Ludi83,
SOMEBody checks their referer logs a bit too often! (perhaps not often, seeing as it took a week or so, but still)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!