Free CVS Server?

Started by
5 comments, last by C-Junkie 19 years, 2 months ago
Greetings! Here is my problem: - I'm working on a project with about 40 files (c++, .h, projects, workspace, etc...) - I usualy don't write on the same computer - I would need something to track my latest version of files - So i can continue with working with up to date files - I can not host a CVS server - It does not need to be complex It should work as following: - Download the latest files - I make changes to let us say 3 files - Upload only the new 3 files - thats it When i come to the next computer, i can continue with the latest files. Any FREE suggestions? I can't host the server by myself!
Advertisement
Try freepository
if its free software then sourceforge is your best bet

edit: or not.
Quote:Original post by Monder
Try freepository

freepository has currently lots of problems, but you get 150mb for free.

if your project is small (about 3 or 4 mb, this should be enought for workspace, h, cpp files) then use cvsdude
Quote:Original post by Ludi83
Quote:Original post by Monder
Try freepository

freepository has currently lots of problems, but you get 150mb for free.

if your project is small (about 3 or 4 mb, this should be enought for workspace, h, cpp files) then use cvsdude

Hi Ludi83,

I'm curious what problems you've encountered with freepository. I'm the founder & respond to all support inquiries, so this has me a bit puzzled.

The server was recently upgraded (over the 2004 year-end holiday) to improve connection speeds and processing for the over 5000 projects currently hosted. Perhaps you encountered some down-time before or during the upgrade?

If you have a specific support issue that remains open, please feel free to contact me directly at jbminn [at] freepository [dot] com.

Freepository has offered secure free cvs hosting since AUG-1999. Originally offered at 50Mb, the service now provides 150Mb of cvs repository space at no charge to members. Register, upload your code & get to work. Both open & closed source projects are welcome. Individuals, companies, universities and entire branches of government use freepository successfully every day.

I look forward to assisting you.

jbminn
Great idea, store all of your source code on a random person's internet server, where you have no control of who really can access it, just because you're too cheap to even get a DSL line and host a little server.

But maybe it's just me.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Hi Ludi83,
SOMEBody checks their referer logs a bit too often! (perhaps not often, seeing as it took a week or so, but still)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement