• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Fighting Game V2

This topic is 4753 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I started a thread a while ago about a game I have been writting for some time. It is a fighting game like Mortal Kombat. I tried to add this post to the end of that thread but it refused to work. Anyway the earlier version that some people tried had problems with the damage doing and aparently the resolution. I think I have fixed these plus a hundred more problems so if you have the time please give it a try and tell me how it runs. The link is: Fighting Game The manual is inside the zip. Also you may need to download the glut dll which is here: glut Jonathan [Edited by - jonathan_obrien on January 9, 2005 12:12:00 AM]

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Server too slow/dead.

Hi,

As far as I could see, the manual didn't list any keys - or maybe I didn't look well enough. At least, I've played a few games, and it seems OK, but it's a bit weird that the fight just pauses his move when he gets hit. It would seem more logical if it cancels the move, somehow.

For the rest, it looks okay, with some small artefacts that I can't lay my finger on. Overall, well done!

You dont hafta say it like that, but anyways....

pretty cool, im rather impressed although i cant say i like the fighting system too much, the fact taht you cranked it out is pretty cool, looks pretty good...
i dont like the fact that i saw "would you like to go to fullscreen" though... are you relying on the nehe framework? i despise that framework... lol... instead have an INI file or something... but overal goodjob, more than i have to show right now...

-Dan

The manual does have the keys, you're right you didn't look hard enough. Getting punched won't cancel a move, but getting kicked will. Was what you saw consistant with this?

Ademan555 could you be more specific with what you said about the fighting system? The is the sort of feedback I really want.

Jonathan

Well, it really just kinda felt sluggish, thats my main gripe, that and i didnt know what hte hell i was doing :-p, i dunno, if its your goal to move into the more design aspect of making the game, then for the fighting system id implement a sort of punch, kick system, just a few basic moves, but modified by the direction you push with it, i think thats pretty standard nowadays

hope that helps
-Dan

@Ademan555
What should I have said different?

@jonathan_obrien

Yes, that could be, too. Too bad that I'm currently not at home to check it out.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement