Tools to create a 3D world

Started by
4 comments, last by Tera_Dragon 19 years, 3 months ago
I am palnning on creating either a rpg or an mmorpg. I have had a look at Worldcraft, but it looks as though it can only really be used with indoor worlds whereas I want my game to be outdorrs as well as indoors. I would like to know what people here use to create the worlds in their games. Do you all make your own world editors or do you use others? Thanks for any help with this Tera_Dragon
____________________________________________________________Programmers Resource Central
Advertisement
www.delgine.com has a nice editor.

You can make terrain looking environments with WorldCraft by making lots of brushes, and randomly raising the edges. I was going to post a tutorial of this medthod for you, but the link went dead. [sad]
That's a nice editor, except it doesn't support the import of .3ds files or even .obj
_______________________Dancing Monkey Studios
Thanks Vampyre_Dark, that looks like a good editor and I'm going to have a good look around it now.
Anyone else?
____________________________________________________________Programmers Resource Central
What engine will you be building this game on? Or do you plan to build your own?
I'm planning to build my own engine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement