• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
emmai

EnumDisplaySettings problem

This topic is 4888 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm now using EnumDisplaySettings to enum the display modes but it seems enumerate out all modes even the card can't support! how can I get the modes that ONLY the card can support? I'd try to use CDS_TEST to test the modes,but it always return DISP_CHANGE_SUCCESSFUL help me,best regards

Advertisement
How do you know the modes that its returning are not supported?
The modes returned should be modes supported by your card dispite some looking unusual or maybe new to you. Call it in a loop incrementing the mode param by 1 each iteration, starting with 0. Saving the modes each time till the function fails ending the loop, this way you can get all the modes.

EnumDisplaySettings() should reports ONLY the modes supported by your video card...test the mode before use it is a good practice but it is likely you can do it.
So the fact you get always DISP_CHANGE_SUCCESSFUL is not a surprise!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!