• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Freeware UI controls?

This topic is 4874 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Are there any relatively reliable, freeware .NET UI component suites out there? I currently use Syncfusion and like it a lot, but I'm wondering if there's anything cheaper or more interesting lying around at the moment. I've googled around but the ones I've found are either in their infancy or too buggy.

Advertisement
Well, if he is looking for a few UI controls that he can just use from VS.NET, it's hardly a solution to just suggest a whole different toolkit. I am very interested in this as well which is why I am bumping this thread, most controls that were actually useful weren't freeware when I was last searching for it.

We are now using DotNetBar, it's not free but very cheap: 189USD/single license without source code. I was looking at some other component suites (docking functionality was my main concern) and liked this one the best, because it has good design time support and is nice to work with from code. It's very stable for us, too.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!